Live surgery workshop in Singapore
As many of you know, Allergan in cooperation with K.K. Women’s and Children’s Hospital, has set up a live-surgery center of excellence focusing on breast aesthetics.
Twice per year we bring in Dr. Charles Randquist from Stockholm, Sweden to conduct courses on pre-operative planning, surgical technique and post-op patient management, for surgeons from across Asia Pacific.
Since April, 2009 we have had over 40 patients participate in the workshop.
We are now searching for volunteers for the three workshops we’re running from March 17-20, 2013. Below are details of the schedule and some answers to questions which may come up from anyone interested.
• Surgery Dates: Mornings of March 18, 19, 20, 2013
• Cost to Patients: SGD $4200 paid to KKH for hospital fees. Surgeon’s fees, implants, etc. covered as part of the workshop.
• Breast Augmentation in Singapore with the Natrelle® 410 implant is normally SGD 9000 – 14,000.
• What is the process to participate?: Please contact
Ms. Lynette Poon KKH, +65-6394-8076 Aesthetic Centre, or +65-6394-8993 direct line, to make an appointment for consultation with Dr. Por Yong Chen, to participate in the KKH / Allergan workshop.
Please ask anyone interested to mention to Lynette her interest in the workshop when making the appointment. Lynette can also be reached at Lynette.Poon.SM@kkh.com.sg
• Who will perform the surgery?: Dr. Charles Randquist, Swedish Plastic surgeon with more than 3000 cases over 16 years.
For more about Dr. Randquist, visit his website at www.victoriakliniken.com
• Who will follow up with me after Dr. Randquist leaves?:
Dr. Por from KKH will handle all of the follow up visits. Dr. Randquist will also provide his contact details if patients have questions in-between his visits to Singapore
• What do I have to do as part of the workshop?: All patients will be required to participate in a pre-operating planning session the night before the surgery whereby Dr. Randquist will run through all the steps he uses in his own clinic to decide which size implants to use and how he designs the surgical plan specific to each patient.
A few hours after surgery each patient will come down for a post-op review. All patients will also be asked back every 6 months for a follow up visit with Dr. Randquist.
• Who will be attending this workshop: Eight (8) board certified plastic surgeons from around Asia Pacific will be in each workshop.
Please note that during the workshop session, all patients will be examined in front of these surgeons. The attending surgeons will also be present in the operating room during their surgery but all surgeries will be performed by Dr. Randquist.
• Will I be photographed or filmed: All patients will have before and after photos taken at KKH as part of a normal breast augmentation process.
These photos will only be of the chest area and no facial shots will be taken. These photos will be used as part of the workshop but only KKH and Dr. Randquist will have access to these photos.
None of the attending surgeons are allowed to take photos during the workshop and no other cameras are allowed. No video is allowed at any time.
• Will I be guaranteed surgery by Dr. Randquist if I chose to participate? No. The workshop is focused on teaching primary breast augmentation on patients without severe asymmetries or challenges that may require a more lengthy or complicated procedure. Dr. Por will be able to provide a much clearer idea of whether a patient is suitable for surgery in this course when he conducts his evaluation.
During the consultation, Dr. Por will also take measurements, take photos, and perform an evaluation so he will be able to answer any further questions which the patients may have. The Allergan breast team is happy to answer questions any of you may have, but we’re not available to speak to the patients and do not need to be involved with the patient in any way.