Dr. Jessica Gahm
Dr. Jessica Gahm
MD, PhD, specialist in plastic surgery
Dr. Jessica Gahm is a medical doctor and a Specialist in plastic surgery since 2010. Dr. Jessica Gahm is also holds a PhD in Medicine, in the field of plastic surgery from Karolinska Institutet with a thesis regarding the results after preventive breast operations at inherited breast cancer in the family and still conducts research in the field.
Dr. Jessica Gahm got her education at Karolinska Institutet and works since 2006 at the clinic for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm, where she holds a Deputy position as consultant.
She is mainly active in all types of breast surgery and breast reconstruction, microsurgery and transexual (sex reassignment) surgery and also has extensive experience in the correction of protruding ears in children and adults.
Whithin the field of aesthetic plastic surgery Dr. Gahm is interested in breast surgery, genital surgery, liposuction and abdominal surgery after weight loss.
Dr. Jessica Gahm is a member of the Swedish Medical Association (SLF) and the Swedish plastic surgery Association (SPKF).
Specialist in Plastic Surgery 2010, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna
MD 2002, Södersjukhuset
Medical Graduation may 2000, Karolinska Institutet
2015- Deputy Chief physician, clinic of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Karolinska
2011- 2015 Specialist, clinic of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Karolinska
2010-2011 Head physician with Specialist expertise, Clinic for Reconstructive
Plastic Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital
2006-2010 Resident Physician, clinic of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital
2002- 2006 Resident Physician, Orthopaedic clinic at Södersjukhuset AB
2000- 2002 Intern, Södersjukhuset AB
2000- 2000 Assistant Doctor, Medical clinic, Södersjukhuset AB
1999-1999 Assistant Doctor, Addiction emergency, Stockholm (BAS), S:t Görans sjukhus
Scheduler for the clinic’s employees doctors and rand-duties at the Clinic for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital
Clinic delegate at the Clinic for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital
Dissertation 2009, Karolinska Institutet, research subject: plastic surgery;
”Bilateral prophylactic mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction with implants”.
- Gahm J, et al. Breast sensibility after bilateral risk-reducing mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction; A prospective study. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. Epub 2013 Aug 13.
- Gahm J, Edsander-Nord A, Jurell G, Wickman M. No differences in aesthetic outcome or patient satisfaction between anatomically shaped and round expandable implants in bilateral breast reconstructions: a randomized study. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010 Nov;126(5):1419-27.
- Gahm J, Wickman M, Brandberg Y. Bilateral prophylactic mastectomy in women with inherited risk of breast cancer-prevalence of pain and discomfort, impact on sexuality, quality of life and feelings of regret two years after surgery. Breast. 2010 Dec;19(6):462-9. Epub 2010 Jun 3.
- Gahm J, Jurell G, Edsander-Nord A, Wickman M. Patient satisfaction with aesthetic outcome after bilateral prophylactic mastectomy and immediate reconstruction with implants. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010 Feb;63(2):332-8. Epub 2008 Dec 13
- Gahm J, Jurell G, Wickman M, Hansson P. Sensitivity after bilateral prophylactic mastectomy and immediate reconstruction. Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg. 2007;41(4):178-83